A dental implant is a small, screw-shaped device that is made of a strong, lightweight, and biologically compatible material such as titanium, zirconium, or an alloy of these materials. It serves as a replacement for the root of a missing tooth. A surgical procedure is performed to place the implant into the jawbone and once it has fused with the bone, an artificial tooth crown is attached to it.
Dental implants are considered the best option for tooth loss for several reasons:
- They protect the jaw from decay by stimulating bone growth
- They do not require grinding or altering adjacent teeth
- They do not put extra stress on adjacent teeth
- They restore the chewing function
- They provide an excellent aesthetic appearance
- They allow for a comfortable and normal daily life
In our clinic, tooth extractions are performed by Dr. oral surgeon Laurynas Banys and Dr. periodontologist Adomas Rovas.